Monday, 20 October 2014

More Proofs

  With two midterms coming up next week, this week’s slog is going to be short.

  This week in class we continued on with proofs. The examples we are tackling are getting consistently more difficult. For example, in Wednesday’s class, we focused on the question with “floor of x”. What caught my attention was when proving the result “floor of x > x - 1”, in one of the steps, we had to use “the contrapositive of the third point of the definition of floor of x”……After reviewing the material, I finally understood what the professor did there. In conclusion, I think I need more practice to be able to “see” what to do in a proof, because these methods, even though understandable, do not come intuitively.


    By the way we also proved the epsilon – delta definition of limits in class, which was a nice review for the upcoming MAT137 term test.

No comments:

Post a Comment