Saturday, 4 October 2014

Cheat Sheets

    The first term test is coming soon, and I am not sure if I am prepared or not. Luckily, we are allowed a cheat sheet for the test. Naturally, I tried to cram as much as I could on the two sided letter paper. However, I discovered that the act of copying notes on a cheat sheet actually helps the process of studying a lot, since I am summarizing all the notes. It also highlights my weaknesses, such as drawing Venn diagrams for the distributive laws. In fact, the process of making the cheat sheet might actually be more helpful than the cheat sheet itself during the exam. This is why I like math and logical reasoning. Unlike many other subjects, mathematics and logical thinking is a skill that will not be easily forgotten. More importantly, logic cannot be learned by memorization, which is why the cheat sheets are more reliable as a tool for studying than a lifesaver during the upcoming exam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment