Sunday, 9 November 2014

Big O Continued


  This was an eventful week for csc165. We continued on with the Big O proofs in class and had our second term test on Wednesday. The test went fairly well since the questions are very similar to the assignment questions.


  After some practice in class, I think I am starting to get the hang of Big O proofs with polynomials. The practices also showed how important having a solid understanding in constructing proofs is. With Big O proofs, the numbers we use for c and B can differ, which makes the proofs more diverse and interesting. However, I find myself having problems with proving the negation of the Big O statement, such as the second question in the tutorial 7 problems. I am guessing that n has to be a function involving c and B, and maybe the roof of c since n has to be a natural number. I look forward to the tutorial on Tuesday to see the actual proof of that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment