This week we started a whole new chapter involving counting
program steps and the Big-O. The concept of Big O is simple as of now, but I
expect to see more complicated variations and examples in the near future. I am
understanding the ideas of a breaking point, and I find the graphical
representation very helpful. However, counting the number of steps the program
takes is surprisingly more difficult than I expected. When trying to find the worst case scenario,
I find it confusing when there is a for loop inside another for loop because of
the new variable. While loops are similar, but with a restriction to watch out
for. I think overestimating the number of steps making it much easier because I
get a general idea of the number of steps. Overestimating the steps may
actually not be that bad, since it will still work if we are relating it to the
Big O.
No comments:
Post a Comment